Not to mention all the other money that furries generate that go to charity:
Each year, Further Confusion donates money to selected charities. Funds are raised both from its charity auction and from a direct grant given by the convention itself. The following charities have benefitted since Further Confusion was founded:
- 1999: ($3,500) Coyote Point Museum and Therapy Pets
- 2000: ($6,000) The Cartoon Art Museum and Friends of the Sea Otter
- 2001: ($7,240) The Oakland Zoo and The Barry R. Kirshner Wildlife Foundation
- 2002: ($5,200) The Comic Book Legal Defense Fund and Tiger Touch
- 2003: ($6,000) Pets Are Wonderful Support (PAWS) and The Seymour Marine Discovery Center
- 2004: ($10,000) Bay Area Bears and The Exotic Feline Breeding Center
- 2005: ($10,000) Therapy Pets and Friends of Lulu
- 2006: ($15,000) Wildlife Companions and the Comic Book Legal Defense Fund
- 2007: ($16,000) Golden State Greyhounds and Stanislaus Wildlife Rehabilitation
- 2008: ($22,000) House Rabbit Society, Rattie Ratz, and Wildcare
- 2009: ($16,000) Mountain Lion Foundation, and Guide Dogs for the Blind
- 2010: ($18,114) Therapy Pets, Guide Dogs for the Blind, NARF Animal Rescue, Best Friends Animal Society (Haiti disaster animal rescue)
To date, the total amount donated to local charities by Further Confusion stands at $119,054.
AND AND AND! Look how happy that kid is petting the soft, big puppy! You can raise all the money in the world, but that kid will NEVER forget being able to pet the big puppy. THAT, ladies and gentlemen, is why I stay a furry, despite all the negative connotations of the group. And yes, that money for charity, it’s amazing stuff.
Thought it was interesting to reblog all these listed charities. I was wondering which specific ones conventions had donated to.
This makes me happy.
Cute suit, cute moment, great cause, great fandom
Into the Winter Wonderland for New Years (Taken during my trip to Boston in December of 2012)
yahoo wants to buy tumblr so i’m making an early prediction as to what would happen if this were to take place
I went to the MCA in Chicago yesterday with my family and my brothers matched these paintings and then this happened.
Accidental performance art: priceless
little cities and stars